View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Karilann,

first of all....

I am certainly not an expert and have not medical background. But I agree that your dr was not listening well enough and you may be the type of person, like many, who try to be so brave and tough....and for you to actually say to your dr that you are so sad was a huge statement and you really meant it, for real... and not just casually in passing.

I have been sad...AND I have been depressed....I HAD counseling at one time, and I Have been on antidepressants. So I do know there is a difference. Right now, I am sad. But....there was a time when I said, "I am SO SAD ALL OF THE TIME....that is when my neuro gave me antidepressants. He talked with me about it and really listened. He knew that I am not just a complainer, but that if I said it I really was serious.

It was several years ago that I received counseling from a clinical psychologist. It helped me a great deal. I also had to take antidepressants. But I wasn't on them forever. I have also been on Effexor since I was dx with ms. But I am off of it at the present time.

I hope you get the help you need, but it does seem that you may need more than just a ....even so,....more hugs to you from me...

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-13-2011)