View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle51 View Post
Never take yourself off meds . Please contact your dr. to help you get off
I wish that advice were applicable for all. Ultimately you have to assess the condition of whatever medical condition you have, and the dosage of whatever medicine you are being prescribed for the illness, if you feel the need to go "cold turkey". Personally, I have had to take myself completely off 3 different meds due to extreme adverse side effects. Lyrica was one of those meds. After Lyrica built up in myself I stopped feeling emotions completely, and even though not tired, I would sleep all day. I literally didn't care about anything, I told my doctor about the situation multiple times and he told me to take half the dosage. When blisters started developing in my mouth, and I began to have hot flashes I had to go with my best judgement, which was throwing out the Lyrica. (I had SJS reaction from a medication in 2004 and going through that hell is something I'll never allow happen again.) I have had some Diarrhea from stopping so abruptly, but I'm beginning to feel normal again, and no other odd reactions. I've had to the same with Tramadol, and Tegretol. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and would prefer a traditional narcotic pain killer any day over these newer meds that have almost killed me.
jumeck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote