View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default If my walls could talk, I'd have to silence them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
....they would be wanting a facelift. Or at least they look to me like they are longing for a Spirit Lift!

I moved into my current home,....oh gosh....I've lost count....but more than 10 years ago. This was pre-msdx. But I know more felt like decorating the walls than I felt like flying to the moon. I was working and feeling like cr#@. I didn't have the time or the energy.

So I Kept putting off painting walls, hanging pictures, etc. BECAUSE, I wasn't going to decorate dirty walls or I wasn't going to hang pictures and make collages until I was ready to do it the way I wanted it.

Well, I've had an epiphany and I AM READY. This is my life, not only my home. I am STUCK here. It's no longer just a place to land in between work days. It is my days and nights....

I NOW want to make my these walls my friends. I want my home to be a place that I can truly ENJOY every day and every night when I'm up leaning on the back of my couch because my skin can't touch the sheets.

And when I look out my walls I want them to be a mirror of myself, my tastes, my family, my memory, my hopes, my dreams!

If My walls could talk....I want them to say A HAPPY PERSON LIVES HERE.

If I have rambled on, I apologize....but you my dear friends are possibly the only ones who might understand what I am feeling. Does anyone 'get it'???

Maybe I will share some pictures of my progress if anyone is interested? Thank you for listening.
I hope you get the energy to make your walls more appealing to you. When I moved into my house I had to paint the living room. The person before me had pink and white walls. I painted the walls blue and have white furniture. HGTV said don't be afraid of color, so I wasn't. I didn't paint myself. I hired someone. I think I have painted every room in the house except the hallway downstairs. Every room is a different color but I haven't hung that many pics. I like the minimalist look. I don't even hang my flat screens.

I would love too see your progress. As money permits, I make decorative changes to my house. The people who owned house before me would be shocked at the changes I have made. I even put 2 flower beds in my front yard.
mochagirl13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-13-2011), Friend2U (01-13-2011), Jappy (01-14-2011), SallyC (01-13-2011)