View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
that was so weird - I was typing that other reply and my video card made the screen scrambled and all was froze up.

rebooted , did some other stuff and installed xp on another drive and came back on this drive to get files and the part of my reply was still here waiting for me 2 hrs later LOL.
I thought it was poofed...
I do not know how you do this. You are amazing.

So what you are saying (about firefox favorites), is that once I save it and open it, well, does it replace Alan's favorites or are Alan's favorites still Alan's favorites.

This is where I get confused.

I understand that when I save it, I'll save it to my documents. That much I get.

It's opening it that I have the confusion.

It will give me the option to open it in Firefox. If I click on that option, I gather that Firefox will come up on the screen and the favorites will be there?

Do they then become permanent and replace Alan's favorites (same thing I know), but he adds new favorites every day and I don't want to do anything to the favorite places he has now.

Thanks much

Melody
P.S. I really don't know how you know all this. If I was 20, I could probably learn all these new things, but at 63, well, I'm having a hard time, and the very very funny thing is that all my friends think I'm the cat's meow of computer use and if they only knew that I really don't know anything unless I come here and learn.....lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote