View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ignoring the obvious, just suppose....

Self-serving "studies" recommending yet more self-serving research and study. Has any study EVER concluded with an outright cure or even a solid statement declaring "this is it, it's definitive, no more work needed on this issue?" I can't think of a one.

Those in the hallowed halls are ignoring what seems so obvious and has been discussed in soooo many articles. Stress, inflammation, anxiety, these all set the cascade in motion that manifests in symptoms the powers that be have collectively labeled PD.

Why don't they really go after this? Because they can't, for two main reasons. One, obviously, there would go all the research jobs, pharma jobs, heaven forbid, doctor and nurses would have no patients, etc.

Second, what in the world would happen if people in this country were told they needed to radically scale back our ridiculously stressful lives in order to prevent/slow down PD? Horrors! No one working 80-100 weeks in order to make a big salary in order to buy the big house, fancy car, all the stuff our society has been brainwashed into believing it must have in order to be happy and "successful". Heck, people would realize they don't even NEED all that "stuff" and our entire society would shut down. No more 24-hour Wal-Marts, entire malls would atrophy, it would be a disaster. Sure, there'd be those people who didn't believe, and would continue to work and live like before, but many many people would really begin to think about their life and what was truly important, and change.

The focus would shift from "I want this, and I deserve it" (as we have been drilled into believing from cradle to grave) to "Is this worth getting PD for?" And short of saving your child's life, what would be worth getting PD for?

Call me cynical, and yes, I have sadly become quite jaded. I know there are lots of dedicated folks out there sincerely working in the best interests of PWP, and I hope they succeed. But I fear they are quite outnumbered by those that are sincerely working only in the best interests of their own bottom line.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (01-13-2011), imark3000 (01-13-2011)