View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I don't blame you for not wanting to be on the drugs with Tylenol in them long-term due to the liver damage they cause. What about Methadone? That is a good pain reliever, although you would want to have tests done every 6 months or so to be sure your kidneys are ok. LOL There seems to be some sort of problem with EVERY drug - although I don't think with regular Morphine (MS Contin) there is. At least I haven't heard of anything but there could be. I didn't have much luck with MS Contin as far as pain relief went.

I'm now on the Fentanyl Patch along with Methadone and it's working very well for me when NOTHING else did, including the Spinal Cord Stimulator.

The Spinal Cord Stimulator works best for the neuropathy - but doesn't help much with mechanical pain. It sounds to be like you're having more mechanical pain than neuropathy. You can always have a trial of the SCS and see if it helps. You need to get a referral to a pain management doctor as that is who does the SCS implants. These docs are usually anesthesiologists. Hopefully, you'll be a good candidate!!! You certainly need some relief -- if the SCS didn't work, I'm sure the pain doctor could advise you as to some meds that would work well for you.

God bless and please keep us posted on your progress. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote