View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Eleven years ago I bought our home, a 100 year old little cottage in a quaint older neighborhood. I had great plans for it, and it had needs. Nine years ago I became ill and all those plans were put on hold, as I was no longer able to work and bring home the salary those home projects required to complete. Then one by one systems failed: electricity, plumbing (over and over until we replaced it all) then the roof, then the heating system, then the exterior . . .

My kitchen is half painted. The wallpaper in the bathroom is trying to let go, and I have never had that happen before! I still need work on the floor in the bathroom, and a new vanity. The master bedroom is still a muted rose color that we vowed to change immediately . . . nine years ago!

My walls are not empty, as I have no where else to store the artwork I have created in the last 8 years. Our little house is shrinking as our needs are growing. And I totally understand the need to renew.

We painted glossy white walls a muted greyed green in the living room and chambray blue in the kitchen . . . ten years ago. I am so ready for a change! Ever since seeing "Mama Mia" I have wanted to go with Adriatic Blues . . . you know, everything from aqua to turquoise to periwinkle blue to royal blue . . . to bring some light in. But I can't work more than an hour or two at my easel on a small painting. . . how am I ever going to paint huge walls? For now I am just happy to have the energy to vacuum the house when it needs it . . . and to keep the laundry put away. I know how you feel about being trapped in your own home.

I say if you go, and can do it, go bold and bright and use the colors you love right now. I know when I can I will!

"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-13-2011), Friend2U (01-13-2011), Jappy (01-14-2011), SallyC (01-13-2011), Twinkletoes (01-13-2011)