Thread: girl-talk again
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default girl-talk again

OK, so you know those charts that show progesterone and estrogen in the female reproductive cycle? Here's one (scroll down--the third chart): http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/sec...41/ch241e.html .

Well, that progesterone line is a line of my myasthenia symptoms. I get gradually better as the line goes up, and suddenly worse when it suddenly goes down.

So I went to the gynecologist today and explained my problem (she said, "You're my most interesting patient today") and she agreed that supplementing progesterone at the end of the cycle, to avoid that monthly myasthenia crash, would be reasonable and not dangerous. And worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes. My suspicion is that it's not the hormones themselves that make me worse, but the sudden shift that throws me for a loop. I'm hoping this will ease the shift a bit.

I'm going to mention this to my neurologist, too, before I start. I'm really trying to be a responsible patient here. I also have an appointment with my endo to make sure my Graves' is under good control.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
redtail (01-14-2011)