View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks Annie59 for your feedback. some people with bulbar ALS are diagnosed by ENTs because weakness is easily seen via the nasal scope, especially weakness in vocal cords. I believe this is why ENTs ask us to say EEEE when the scope is administered. my ENT said the "flap" (for the lack of a better term) that would malfunction and allow food to go up my nose was functioning normally. but i told him that the feeling was intermittent, and he said that it could very well be and that it was just functioning properly at the time he checked it. the diffuse muscle twitching plus the swallowing scares me, but i've had three standard EMGs over two years that yielded normal results, so there's no signs of denervation, which i try to remind myself when things get bad. i actually saw my ophthalmologist yesterday who recognized my ptosis but wasn't sure if it could be caused by MG or another neurological condition. She said to raise the issue with my neurologist, which I'll do on my next appointment.

How long did it take for your MG dx? How often do you see your neuro?

Thanks again for your help!
mangi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote