View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mold hypersensitivity

That sounds like mold hypersensitivity. It happens to a lot of people but its rarely recognized.

I get terrible headaches and fatigue when I get exposed to mold. Even amounts that I can't smell. Just being in many stores can trigger it. I also now have several other conditions that get triggered by mold exposure. Its the result of living in a very moldy building for a long time. (no, I don't anymore) Cholestyramine has been a life saver for me. I was going down. I'm still very sick but so much better than I was a year ago when I first found this out.

Some people get much sicker from mold than others. Also, we each have a finite amount of coping with these things than others and when its used up, then you are in trouble. You get sick at the drop of a hat. Thats where I'm at right now, so I do my best to avoid mold.

Cholestyramine removes mold toxins from recirculating from liver to bile to intestines and back into the bloodstream again. They can build up a lot of toxicity and it causes all sorts of problems. Headaches. Vertigo. Nausea, Ringing in the ears. Extreme fatigue.

She may also have a problem with fungal colonization of her nasal cavity which is also not uncommon. They have nasal antifungal sprays that can help this but first she needs to get a culture done of her nasal secretions to verify thats what it is. But its happening a lot.

IF this is what is happening to her she needs a good doctor. And there are very, very few doctors who understand this issue because its so political.
andiamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote