View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've already addressed the issue that Coleman is claiming he can 'cure' anything, so you can let go of that 'special place in hell' for him and reserve it instead for whatever *** invented Mirapexin, cos that guy [I'll take a chance here on it being a guy] has caused more harm than a dozen Colemans ever could.

I don't anticipate a big breakthrough cure in the sense that people are envisaging here. Coleman talks of the 'slow fading away' of symptoms when one radically alters lifestyle and sorts out whatever relational issues one has with oneself, others and the environment. Noone alters their lifestyle overnight, it takes years. Many daily contingencies and pressures on people get in the way of doing so. If your physical capacity is already diminished, then it is a major challenge, as we all know, to consistently shop for, prepare and eat good food. If you can't easily drive because of meds or disability, if you can't carry a family's worth of groceries while you walk home; these things mitigate against lifestyle alteration.

I weighed just under 6 stone [84 lbs?] on meds, suffered severe pain and cold intolerance and found it extremely challenging to nourish myself. It took quite some innovation to get to the point where I am now, off all meds and a healthy 9 stone just 1.5 yrs later. That's the kind of 'path' people need help in establishing. It's not a gee whiz 'cure'. It's not 'replicable' in the scientific sense people understand. It came about as a result of figuring out in my *particular* situation, given all the contingencies of my own unique circumstances, how to order my priorities on a day by day, moment by moment basis, taking account of the needs too of everyone else in my household.

Much more boring stuff than a 'cure'. No-one is going to come and rescue me or anyone else here. But you can be wise in how you elicit support and decide what tasks you choose to put your energy into. It is a matter of constantly making choices and often it is very difficult to know if the ones you are making, about mundane everyday things, are going to further that goal of getting off PD meds or quitting drugs to make you sleep, gaining weight, etc.

Right now it's 8.30 am here. I feel like staying snug under the covers. But I'm going to get up and cook some porridge made from oats. Not my favourite food but I find that if I eat it consistently first thing in the morning I feel a lot better. Then I'm going to do a lot of reading, for a term paper I'm writing. Don't fancy that either. But I know I'll feel a lot better when it's done. I'll enjoy my course, get a qualification, and see my friends in class next week. They're a whole lot of fun. They don't give a damn that I need their help to walk on ice to the classroom or to help me put my coat on. And if I didn't have them, I'd be climbing the walls at home with depression. So, a big thank you to friends, at home and in cyberspace.

I'll leave you with two items pertinent to Paula's post, one on climate-gate and the other on the crooked science of vaccines and autism:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...lobal-warming/

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/au...aths/19793484/

Last edited by Koala77; 01-14-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
Muireann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fiona (01-14-2011), imark3000 (01-14-2011), moondaughter (01-14-2011), shcg (01-14-2011)