View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

AnnieB3 (thanks for pointing out you are two different Annies, I had not even made that connection)...really I have no fear of doctors at all. I see at least 3 a week.

I don't think I"m in denial but rather still uninformed since I have not even seen my neuro yet since I got this diagnosis, which is awful. He would not see me until I got my swallowing study, which I did now. I did see my PCP on Monday. He urged me to see my neuro ASAP. We just got 2 feet of snow. Between my IVIG schedule and all the other tests and appts I have been too exhausted to travel to him since I had the swallow study (and Christmas.) But now it is top priority. I have IVIG Monday but must try and get in next week.

I will call him tomorrow about the choking. On another board, they said the symptoms come and go and you never know what you will wake up with. Even though I haven't been choking much since IVIG it's not unusual for it to rear it's head again for no reason. On the other hand my breathing has been better which is why I have not rushed to the ER, but the choking thing is bad this week and last week, where it has been good for months. Well obviously not good but better, I wasn't drooling or choking like I am now.

Again I'm only on the IVIG by "accident", I'm on it for another condition. I'm on no treatment yet for MG.

So I'll call him tomorrow. I did not know choking was a reason to go to the ER, and since breathing was less labored this week I thought I was ok. I've been able to count to 11 or 12 and sometimes a little higher. But you will be happy to know, after being SO sick last week (IVIG serum reaction) and barely being able to move, when I went to my PCP appt on Monday I packed a bag for the ER and told my PCA if I felt short of breath I was going straight to the ER from PCP's office. It was my first time leaving the house since I'd have IVIG and felt like crap since, but surprisingly, I did just fine on the outing.

This week I've been much better as far as the extreme fatigue and weakness, flu like feeling has been. It's an IVIG serum reaction that I get sometimes. I don't know how to tie that in with the MG. It happens. It lasts 4-5 days. I've still been sleeping a lot and stayed in bed mostly but that's been the norm since my lyme doctor took me off the antibiotics to get a "baseline." I need to get back on them BADLY.

So I will call tomorrow. The other problem is I've been sleeping till 3 or 4 and by the time I feel awake the doctors are all closed. I'm trying to change that but here it is 4 am and I'm still awake. Insomnia is a major issue with Chronic Lyme and it sucks.
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote