View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muireann View Post
Moondaughter,

You are putting up a heroic battle and I applaud you. I send you my very best wishes for symptom relief and recovery. Belief has so much to do with how we become ill and the extent to which we recover. And negative beliefs are very difficult to manipulate.

Would it be possible to speak a little more of what you know of the person you met who has recovered, without breach of confidentiality of course.

My encounter with this person began when I had contacted the Parkinsons Recovery Program to find a practitioner of their program. An acupuncturist in my state was referred to me and when I called her she gave me the name of this guy with whom she had worked with. Its been many years since I have spoken with this person so my memory of his symptoms has faded a bit however I remember him telling me how he recalled to me that he would only drive to his treatment (Janice Walton-Hadlocks ' protocol) on back roads. That he drooled so profusely when he would go outside to mow t he lawn (guess he could walk...) he'd wear a towel around his neck. He was taking meds (later JWH renounced using her methods to treat anyone on meds), but he went off of them.

Later I met him at the acupuncturist office where i was getting treatment (and doing quite well ) , At that time he still had a tremor in his right(?) hand but the rest of his sx were gone. Last I heard from him he just bought a motorcycle and new home! He said he had a ways to go on the tremor but everything else was gone.

I only talked with him on the phone a few times and met in person once but i w ent to the same acupuncturist whom i have a deep and abiding respect for. He had no agenda to prove anything to anyone and at first was willing to share his story buut after being deluged with requests he felt inclined to just move forward - why set himself up for an onslaught...and it was an onslaught including hundreds of emails - i think he believed healing is an individual journey and unique to each individual. i remember him telling me that financial well being was possible too - he had a glint in his eye -i assumed that he was suggesting that welll being (of all kinds) is first and foremost an emotional journey....this is why healing is so individual because how we manage our thoughts and reactions in our life cocreates the template from which we experience our world. not to say that we are in control - this is a discussion about fate and destiny - how we are and are not in control!

Our acupuncturist treated many many pders without achieving desired results. I remember my impression of howhe had recounted to me that his symptoms progressed really fast after onset and i wonder if this could be an indicator of a more acute pd condition - acute conditions may be more lethal but also may reverse more quickly(with the bullseye treatment) is my theory.

I called him over a span of maybe 3 years....he was continuing to improve last i spoke with him...8 years ago(?).

I have had my "go'" with some pretty unconventional treatment. I worked with this one guy who in most peoples eyes would have invented charlatanism! but, ya know....to this day I wonder what theimpact of his treatment was if any....(were my improvements placebo?)I was DRIVEN - looking for new and old science (raised in a family where keeping an open mind was encouraged). the pd sx were quite malleable for me for a long time - why take a powerful drug for a tremor, some bradykinesia and cogwheeling arm?

for the first decade and a couple years more I travelled tens of thousands of miles for various treatments. And they helped - my condition plummeted after my husband suffered a stroke and req uired intense full time caregiving which I am still doing however he has improved a LOT. and I can attest to how after his stroke he almost died from taking a huge cocktail of drugs and slowly through time has regained his health after going off all but a blood thinner and muscle relaxant.

so thats my story and I'm stickin to it....

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fiona (01-14-2011), imark3000 (01-14-2011), jingle belle (01-14-2011), Muireann (01-14-2011), paula_w (01-14-2011), Sasha (04-15-2011), shcg (01-14-2011)