View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Emg

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
im having cronic pain in my arms all the way down to my hands and fingers where at times it hurts to touch them .some one told me the "EMG"test are painfullits a test they have to do to my neck.they saw from my "MRI"and found there is a lot of damage there.had surgery and therapy to my shoulder but after 2yrs still no relief nor can i return to work.so they think its my neck with its rupter disc's.maybe pinching a nerve.anyone ever had this done....thanks
Hi, I've had 2 EMG's done because of the same pain you are having, yes the test is kinda of painful but not as painful as the pain we currently have, after the first test I was diagnosed with bilateral carpal tunnel. Then after complaining about radiating pain down the right side of my neck to my fingers, with numbness which included my toes. My Neuro requested another one for the right side and then I was told I have a old chronic right
C5 radiculopathy.
The only painful part of the test is the needle sticks (If need) which goes way soon after, but as I said, considering the pain you have now, this test is a minor.
indy-pain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote