View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lono View Post
I am also struggling to understand your situation, because it seems like mine.
-I got a fully favorable decision in 11-10 for both ssi/ssdi
-then a letter from ssdi soon after stating what my backpay is/ what my lawyer got, My monthly amount, and the date it 'should' come every month. sounds right so far.
When the SSI backpay is finally calculated I know it is sent in portions, my question is; Do they not send the SSDI backpay until all the SSI portions are sent?? Because even though that seems insane, it could very well be 'par' for this course, eh?
-If you could kindly keep me posted, because my story is like your story, only one chapter behind.
Sorry It took me so long to repley, you may have recieved some of your backpay by now but after speaking with the right person at the ss office I finally understood what happens with paying the ssi back. Example... if you recieved 7,700 from ssd and 8,500 from ssi they will sent you according to this amount about 1,800 for ssd back pay and 2,022 for ssi back pay and the ssi comes first and about two days later I was not expecting it but the ssd came after you recieve these to checks if your approved for both the portion for paying back ssi has already been taken and that would be 7,700-1,800= 5,900 already paid to ssi thats all they will get and the rest of 8,500-2,022= 6,478 or some portion of this will be sent in six months if you don,t recieve all of it in six months then after six more months they have to send all thats left no matter what amount it is. I hope I did not confuse you with this it took me a while to understand it myself.
menme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote