View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy-pain View Post
I have asked questions like what doe it mean, my PCP say's I have cervical spondylosis, DDD, osteoarthritis and so-on, I ask what that mean he said my spine is dehydrated and I have excessive cartledge loss, My Neuro did sit down with and the MRI results on my Cervical he showed me where the pinch nerve was at and said I have Myelopath, my pain management spc. said my back is not bad enough for surgery but he know's I'm have severe pain, I ask why he said I was one of those case that he would need to put on the black board until they can find something that will help me. This was after the 2nd steriod injection, that didnn't help. IMAGINE THAT! Yes I dio ask questions but they are all giving medical terms. I feel like they are hiding the fact that I will be in a wheel chair by 60.
Put in laymans terms, cervical spondylosis is: "Spondylosis is a term referring to degenerative osteoarthritis of the joints between the centra of the spinal vertebrae and/or neural foraminae. In this condition the interfacetal joints are not involved. If severe, it may cause pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory and/or motor disturbances, such as pain, paresthesia, or muscle weakness in the limbs." Per Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_Spondylosis

DDD is "Degeneration of the intervertebral disc, often called "degenerative disc disease" (DDD) of the spine, is a condition that can be painful and can greatly affect the quality of one's life. While disc degeneration is a normal part of aging and for most people is not a problem, for certain individuals a degenerated disc can cause severe constant chronic pain." Per Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoarthritis

Osteoarthritis is "
Osteoarthritis (OA) also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease, is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation of joints,[1] including articular cartilage and subchondral bone. Symptoms may include joint pain, tenderness, stiffness, locking, and sometimes an effusion. A variety of causes—hereditary, developmental, metabolic, and mechanical—may initiate processes leading to loss of cartilage. When bone surfaces become less well protected by cartilage, bone may be exposed and damaged. As a result of decreased movement secondary to pain, regional muscles may atrophy, and ligaments may become more lax.[2]" Per Wikipedia again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoarthritis

Reading through all of these, you'll get a sense of the symptoms and treatments, prognosis, etc...for all these condiitons. Without sounding dismissive, you'll need to educate yourself regarding all of these conditions and to help yourself deal with them better. I find it easier to take each one a step at a time. As for specific questions, you'll have to bring those up with your doctors. All of this is a lot to absorb for anyone at one time and can be overwhelming. Take care

Hopefully the above, including the link suffices for proper citation.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote