Thread: nortriptyline
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had excellent results with Elavil. I couldn't tolerate Neurontin because of significant mood changes. I also found with the Neurontin that I would have a "honeymoon period" with great symptom relief for a few day after each dose increase, and then my symptoms would gradually return. I started on Elavil in August at 20 mg in the PM. After a few days I added 10 mg in the AM. I initially split the 10mg taking 5mg in the AM and 5 mg mid-day which seemed to decrease the sedative effects that I was experiencing. By September I settled into a dose of 10mg AM, 20 mg pm with excellent symptom relief and significantly improved sleep. The only long-lasting side effect that I've experienced is a bit of tendency towards constipation. About 1 month ago I increased my PM dose to 30 mg because of the return of some sleep difficulties and have had an excellent response. The best news, which I haven't shared with anyone yet, knowing that, in all likelihood, it probably won't last, is that my body-wide symptoms are at the lowest level ever. I'll just have to enjoy it as long as it lasts

Balance effort with surrender
lizziebeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-15-2011)