View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
Put in laymans terms, cervical spondylosis is: "Spondylosis is a term referring to degenerative osteoarthritis of the joints between the centra of the spinal vertebrae and/or neural foraminae. In this condition the interfacetal joints are not involved. If severe, it may cause pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory and/or motor disturbances, such as pain, paresthesia, or muscle weakness in the limbs." Per Wikipedia
[
DDD is "Degeneration of the intervertebral disc, often called "degenerative disc disease" (DDD) of the spine, is a condition that can be painful and can greatly affect the quality of one's life. While disc degeneration is a normal part of aging and for most people is not a problem, for certain individuals a degenerated disc can cause severe constant chronic pain." Per Wikipedia

Osteoarthritis is "
Osteoarthritis (OA) also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease, is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation of joints,[1] including articular cartilage and subchondral bone. Symptoms may include joint pain, tenderness, stiffness, locking, and sometimes an effusion. A variety of causes—hereditary, developmental, metabolic, and mechanical—may initiate processes leading to loss of cartilage. When bone surfaces become less well protected by cartilage, bone may be exposed and damaged. As a result of decreased movement secondary to pain, regional muscles may atrophy, and ligaments may become more lax.[2]" Per Wikipedia again.

Reading through all of these, you'll get a sense of the symptoms and treatments, prognosis, etc...for all these condiitons. Without sounding dismissive, you'll need to educate yourself regarding all of these conditions and to help yourself deal with them better. I find it easier to take each one a step at a time. As for specific questions, you'll have to bring those up with your doctors. All of this is a lot to absorb for anyone at one time and can be overwhelming. Take care

Hopefully the above, including the link suffices for proper citation.
Thank you, EE03, It sounds like you are very informative on all these diagnosis, so I will ask you this hypothetical question; will a person with these conditions at age 41, continue to get worse as time goes on, which make result in the use of a wheel chair?. I know about alll the physical exercises that's suppose to help, but in my case this make the pain increase, which cause me stay in bed for a day or two. My Physical Therapist said, "patient has reach a plateau in progress" and my pain level stay at 4-10out of 10-10, but I still today try those exercises, but it wears me out and the pain is unbearable.
indy-pain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote