View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused PCS questions for my Son??

All Members,

Help!!

My son suffered from a Concussion on Dec. 17th. He came home and began to lose function of his speech, memory, and coordination. Went to the ER-discharged for concussion. Condition worsened. Within in three days he had been admitted to a PICU at a local hospital. 2 MRI's, 2 CT scans, and a Spinal tap later and they could not find anything? My son's funtions have been slow at best. He was discharged after 3 days and we were told that he had PCS. He has no memory of anything before the accident and did not remember his siblings and longtime friends. He has trouble speaking and functioning. His mentality is like a 3-4 year old. He has been in this fog since the accident except for a few days of clarity from 12/29-12/31. During this time frame he remembered everything before the accident and nothing since? When he woke up on 1/1/11 he was Lost again? Has this happened to anyone out there? Is this common with PCS? What is the prognosis? Could he have suffered a more severe TBI? What can we do to help him?

Any help is appreciated-Thoughts and ideas!!!!

Thank You,
Concerned Father
Iceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote