View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

TOS is such a weird and personal condition.

Actually, I have really bad RSD PRIOR to surgery. I had severe burning and nerve pain that would travel - it was then at the back of my calves and buttocks as I'd try to sleep. It usually became most intolerable around midnight.

BUT AFTER surgery, surprisingly, as my general ciculation improved, the RSD burning disappeared. However, I still have severe sweating where I wet my entire bed -moving around to dry spots - and have to sometimes change 4 times per night from just soaking PJs. Also temp changes, loss of hair, etc.

But it is so strange, about the burning pain leaving. THe HOT, hot skin left.

Dr. Annest did my surgery with no special RSD stuff.

The other weird thing, is that my docs in CA ignored my RSD until I got to a very good doc after 18 docs or so...now the docs from UCLA saw RSD as a second diagnosis, with fibromylagia being three.

But RSD is something to consider along with the surgery risks in general. I know I was scared to death. But the surgery was a SNAP, (except afterwards the nurses screwed up my pain med prescription) but the surgery itself, compared to wisdom teeth, cesaerian, two births, was nothin' to me.

But still, I'm not advocating not seriously considering the above posts!

I had right surgery so far, with rib and most scalene muscle gone.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote