View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default If anyone wants to quit...

I could loan you my hubby for about a week-that should do it. He is an AVID anti-smoker. He is a good guy, but I MEAN AVID!

Thirty years ago, we had been married about 6 months; I smoked and he did not. Little did I know that he had in mind that I would be quitting... He did NOT tell me this up front and tolerated it for the first few months... I worked nights at the time and would come in at 11:30 PM and make a mad run for the bathroom, locking myself in, brushing my teeth and gargling.. He would be out there beating on the bathroom door, demanding that I come out and wailing about how I "promised" that I would quit, that I smelled bad when he kissed me, my clothes stunk, etc. etc. etc... I would come out and we would go around and around, always ending with him saying, baby, I am SOOO, SOOO sorry, I will NEVER say anything again and me swearing that I would quit... Oh, it was bad...

Next night, 11:30 same song, second and third verse... Finally, after about a week of this, I decided that I was either going to have to quit or we weren't going to be able to stay married... It took me about probably a month before I lost the urge. I gave up my coffee breaks for a while and changed some other habits-like grabbing for my cigarettes and lighter when the phone rang-some of the things you associate with having a cigartte.

Boy, it feels good...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote