View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My book came in the mail yesterday. I can't even begin to describe what it's been like to read this book. Her story is truly heartbreaking. So much that happened to her was truly unbelievable. In fact, I could see where someone who hasn't been caught up in the diagnosis maze could read it and not believe it.

Much of it has to do with the fact that once she was labeled with having Conversion disorder that diagnosis followed her every where she went. Once her records caught up with her the medical professionals immediately believed the records regardless of what was happening to her at the time. She was even booted out of the ICU and taken off of the vent and told she needed to try harder!!

It has certainly brought up a lot of stuffed emotions, but it has also made me see that this type of thing is not that unusual and that we need to be in charge of our own health care or have someone who will advocate for us.

It's definitely worth reading. I can think of a few doctors I'd like to mail a copy to.
shalynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote