View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
i saw my regular doc on friday and brought him up to speed. also said i did not go in the first time because i figured he would just say to do what i did.)

but ok, like this time he perked up a little:

- broke out stethoscope - wow! ... just lungs/bronchi, no heart of course but hey! i mean, his behind came unglued from his chair!
- looked in my mouth - tongue depressor what's that, but at least he had a peek. and used a big lamp.

DX: or rather... non dx. nothing "serious" going on. specifically he said, i do not have pneumonia.

he said with the given situation we have to do antibios. also he wanted to give me a bronchodilater to help calm the cough response which is outta whack... basically asthma meds

RX:
- Clarithromycin
- Albuterol for nebulizer
- Beclomethasone for nebulizer
- a mucolytic (choice up to me)
- an antipyretic prn (choice up t me)

OK so since
- i do not have a nebulizer.
- nobody in my family wants, nor has ever wanted a nebulizer.
- nebulizers are expensive and have to get thrown out after N uses or if it sits in disuse...... maintenancei i=PITA....

i asked the doc whether those two meds for the nebulizer dind't come in OTHER localized forms because i'd need to buy the machine and would prefer not to. hee said no and that he'd have to give me a cortisone iplll..... but that is BULL. found out both are available in pocket aerosol form!!

------------------------- ON THE OTHER HAND

i am pleased/relieved that he at least he did something *DIFFERENT* this time. and who knows, maybe this deliver method is more effectve.

so i went and plunked down the money for all this stuff, plus the stupid machine. no sense complaining someething doesn't work if youdnt ttry it!

i am slightly concerned about a drug/drug interaction between valproate and clarithromycin but ... if i start feeling drugged i'll check with pdoc on monday.

my brain has not been connective very well. like the other day i made a chicken broth with other stuff in it... only i got so confused ended up no chicken broth in it, and i couldn't find the other stuff in fron to fmy nose.

any way, i did my first inhalation, and after it, i felt like i could breathe like i hadn't in years, serious!!!!!!!! too bad that sensation lasted like, about 10 minutes and now i'm back to how i was before. well, i have a week to see if it helps and if not he said i could go right back he would try another week. at least this time he seems to be on an action track.

~ waves ~ falling asleep now

p.s. i am not generally worse off emotionally when sick and certainly not this time. since december, minus a transient mood digression here/there i have been hypo - clean up, whoohooo kinda hypo - sometimes closer to manic probably. That might have interfered with getting proper R & R..... in various ways... another story i can't see straight now gotta lseep.

lots of pppl, not just me, are getting sick over and over, miight be significantly different variants this year. the doc told me that , as well as coffee break talk.
Can you get a new doctor. Doctors in general don't seem to be to compassionate these days. My childhood doctor was good,but the other doctors seem worn out. They made house calls at one time. Not anymore.
BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-16-2011), BlueMajo (01-16-2011), OhKay (01-17-2011)