View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Lost a post. Here is a re-try.

Dear Waves,
I'm sorry you are sick. . . . 'glad you went to see a doc (again) and got on some serious meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
basically asthma meds

RX:
- Clarithromycin
- Albuterol for nebulizer
- Beclomethasone for nebulizer
- a mucolytic (choice up to me)
- an antipyretic prn (choice up t me)
I guess he distinguishes pneumonia from non-pneumonia: Not serious?
What you have sounds serious enough based on his reaction to it, the meds, and the length of time you have been trying to get over this.

The antibiotic is good.
The Albuterol is good.
I'm a little concerned about the glucocorticoid steroid and its ability to effect mood even in small doses and even with Depakote on board.

Quote:
i am slightly concerned about a drug/drug interaction between valproate and clarithromycin but ... if i start feeling drugged i'll check with pdoc on monday.
umm. . . . There is no "if." Call the pdoc on Monday to let him know about all the meds. 'Sorry to remind you, but you are not well. Keep the pdoc informed. You would give that advice to anyone here.
Most importantly, the pdoc knows more about your physical status than the family doc.

Quote:
my brain has not been connective very well. like the other day i made a chicken broth with other stuff in it... only i got so confused ended up no chicken broth in it, and i couldn't find the other stuff in fron to fmy nose.
You have a big bug that you body is going to fight off with the help of the meds and lots of sleep.

Quote:
well, i have a week to see if it helps and if not he said i could go right back he would try another week. at least this time he seems to be on an action track.
. . . . 'good to hear that you feel more confidence in him than you have in the past.

Quote:
lots of pppl, not just me, are getting sick over and over, miight be significantly different variants this year. the doc told me that , as well as coffee break talk
That is probably why he tended to you.

I hope your sleep is restful.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-16-2011), BlueMajo (01-16-2011), Brokenfriend (01-16-2011), OhKay (01-17-2011)