View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I think I have meralgia paresthetica

Hi
I am new to this site and wondering if I could get some opinions from people. After reading the symptoms that people are having I have exactly the same, extreme pain in my left thigh when sitting and the area from my hip to my knee has gone numb. I went to the doctor who said that I had hip bursitis. But this did not add up with the symptoms. I also had a CT scan done which showed a broad based posterocentral protrusion at L5S1. I have had the pain for 10 days and at the time did a small turn to the right and got a terrible pain in my back that almost made me collapse.But what I would really like to know is if this has anything to do with a car accident I had 18 months ago. I am 37 and had a car accident that broke a disc in my neck. I had no symptoms for 6 weeks other than a sore elbow and sore neck. Then I got pins and needles down my arm into my thumb. I have since had 2 neck operations the last being about 5 months ago. In this operation the surgeon hit the nerve and my arm was paralysed for about 4 months. It has slowly come back but I still suffer from arm pain and headaches. Is there any chance that the MP has anything to do with that car accident ? I would appreciate any comments as previous to this I had never even had a back ache.
usjc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote