View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Muireann posted:

a) strive to maintain a job or career [usually requires the taking of meds], but only buys a few more years of employment at best, or,

b) take time out, get off the treadmill, suffer financial impoverishment, but retain some autonomy over the decision to medicate and hopefully buy time to bootstrap oneself out of the PD state before one is forced to go down the drug route - but you better make very good use of this time to sort out your problems.

Just wanted to say that I think that is a very good statement of the basic dilemma many of us face. I know I did. I am happy to find myself in slot B. Life is a struggle physically and financially, but I feel more in control and free to take care of myself without the pressure of work.

Paula - who knows what miracle was wrought with the Pope and the nun - clearly something happened. I think we should plan a pilgrimage to France and find out!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (01-16-2011), Muireann (01-16-2011)