View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,

Lindsay has not taken any opiads since she started the Dextro...It is compounded at a greater strength at the pharmacy. It takes the most of her burning pain away. She is only taking that and cymbalta. There is no codine in it either. There are always mixed messages with medications. But, it is working for my daughter at this point in time and I am very happy. The over the counter has alcohol in it. The compounded one does not. Therefore there is not side effects from it. She does get a little dizzy sometimes after she takes it. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
Sandy,
I'm so glad it was working for her and I hope it still is but I'm confused on the use of it to be honest as I've read mixed things. Most of what I've read is that the benefit is to increase the effectiveness of opiates so you can take less.

I know my fiancee had me taking it before my ketamine infusions when I was on opiates but I haven't since until I thought I saw something on these boards last night, maybe this post.

It's also somewhat confusing because I was taking the OTC robitussun gels in the past but did just read another article saying you needed to have it compounded at a pharmacy but the robitussin gels are only dextromethorphan.

Please don't take this as my questioning the benefit as I do believe there is some, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly it is and what's the best way to achieve it. I do keep seeing reference to it's help in relieving burning pain (which is what I need right now) but then some scientific papers only discuss it as an adjunct to opiates.

How has Lindsay been with it this past month?

Dawn
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (01-16-2011)