View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Shalynn, I got mine too. I couldn't bring myself to read it. How traumatized does someone have to be to not be able to read someone else's trauma. It's too close to what I've gone through and I think - at least right now - and it would provoke my PTSD too much. Maybe after I get some decent care for my MG. How sad is it that so many people have had similar experiences.

Annie
Annie, It is sad, isn't it? And, you are right. We have been traumatized. I think you are wise to wait a bit before reading the book. While I was reading the book I sort of had this feeling that you do when passing a horrible car wreck; you don't want to look, but somehow you can't help yourself. I also just wanted her to get help. I couldn't stop reading it until she got help. She'd get close, then her hopes would be dashed yet again. I wanted to scream!!

I think what I want to take away from my experience of being ill is that changes need to be made. I want to do something, even if it's on a small scale, to help those changes happen. Maybe Chloe has started a movement. Let's hope.

If anyone wants to discuss the book with me you can pm me. Maybe we could have an online book club?

Hang in there everyone. And, thanks again Abby for posting this.
shalynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Needananswer (02-12-2014)