Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I just got an 8G Sony flash drive - on sale 18.99
4 G for about 12.99.
so that is approx prices for my area (no state sales tax here)

The Sony has a compression software program on the drive - you install it on the computer (if you want to) and when you add files to the flash it makes them take less space until you need to place them back on your computer- then it uncompresses automatically.

You can click your documents folder or open it and select specific folders inside -on the toolbar select Edit - copy to folder - locate the Flash drive on the list shown and there ya go.
a little pop up will show with a little files transfer graphic - if the file is very small then it won't display.

Okay, first question

"You can click your documents folder or open it and select specific folders inside"

There are folders inside my documents folder?? I thought there were only documents inside my documents folder. Going to check this out.

and can I put OTHER stuff on this flash drive (besides the content of the my documents folder),

and here's a good one.

Why can't I just copy the WHOLE my documents folder onto the flash drive. That way, I'll have a copy of EVERYTHING and when I get a new computer, I can just copy it back (or will it replace the my documents folder on the new computer).

jeez, I haven't even bought a new one yet, but these things are so exciting.

And I got a look at Windows 7.

Do you know that if I get Windows Media Center (in Windows 7), I can record tv shows and it acts like a dvr?

oh my

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote