View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Deb,

I forgot mention the tinnitus. I had that too. To make a long story short, I had a hearing test, the MRI of course and a brain scan. The MRI told the story and the other two tests turned out fine. So, my PM explained it like this. Consider the neck as a fuse box. All nerves in the body pass through the neck. And because it is tight and packed in there with all those nerves, there is "crosstalk" going on. The C3/C4 level, my culprit, is high up in the neck. Therefore, with arthritic facets smashing nerve roots for lack of a better description, those nerves were "talking" to the auditory nerves. It drove me batty! I could lay down at night and hear my own heartbeat, loud and clear plus this tick, tick, tick noise. And, yes, I had constant vertigo and sicker than a dog from med after med. In the long run, and 3 years later, a fusion stopped that whole mess. Now, this is just me. But I still say a cervical MRI is in order as well as a spine doc. Hang in there, I know the headaches and dizziness are horrible.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote