View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi View Post
just want to let you guys know I am doing ok. Don't know what's going to happen yet but I have a better outlook now than I have in a while thanks to reconnecting with some very good friends.

Advise to anyone else out there.

You can't do it by yourself. You need a really good support system. I have not had that. I am now getting it and it is helping.

Thanks to all of you who read and respond to all my depressing posts. I have high hopes that future posts will be much more positive.
Hi Andi,

I'm glad you are feeling a little better after reconnecting with friends! I also thinking eating is important- without food, blood sugar can dip and rollercoaster all over the place and that is really, really hard on the brain, making recovery slower and backsteps more likely. This can also make things much harder emotionally. So food is so important!

I also suggest seeing if there is an organization near you that provides free (or low cost) therapy or counseling. Some social service organizations, community centers, religious centers or institutes have this service. These places may also be able to help you connect to other concrete, financial resources. Even if it is not brain injury specific, having a professional support person you can talk to and feel supported by can be really helpful.

I hope you have a good night.
-Hazzell
Hazzell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote