Thread: Tens unit
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tens unit

I'm getting fitted for a TENS unit this Thurs. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it especially for atn pain. Iwent Fri. to pain management where I live after being sent there by my primary because they do not prescribe narcotics for pain. Well pain management tells me that they don't prescribe narcotics and will send a note to my primary recommending narcotics for me!! I am so confused. Exactly what does pain management do for people if they don't prescribe pain meds to people? I was there over an hour giving detail info about my past history, signed a form agreeing to take urine tests, not abusing meds and acknowledging that I knew that pain med scripts would not be called in but that I would have to come and pick up the prescription. Then I see the dr. and he says they don't prescribe them anymore and that it's up to the primary dr. but that most primarys will not prescribe them anymore... That was why I went there in the first place. I am the one who suggested the TENS unit to try as he had never heard of it being used for facial pain. I remember seeing some people having used it on here in years past but I can't remember if it was pro or con. If it doesn't work I don't want to waste my time or money trying it.
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote