Thread: girl-talk again
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I eat whole food only too and no gluten. Gluten tends to add to my fatigue an if I really eat too much it'll increase my weakness. I'm not sure if that's just me or something that can be generalized. I eat fresh fruit and veggies and meat. I also eat a lot of stews and soups because it is basically half way processed in terms of digestion and reduces the amount of energy i use to digest my food. sounds silly but at first i had a real problem with getting weak and exhausted after i ate throughout my entire body. eating this way helps me a lot. i eat small meals every 2 hrs. i also started making a fresh juice each morning (my mom and sister bought me the extreme bullet for christmas...it's great, light weight and everything). i've really been enjoying it.

a note about the hormone stuff. this month i stopped taking birth control and have actually experienced an increase in my strength. i'm not 100% but see a significant difference. i was on microgestin (so that one might not be to good for us with MG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Sounds like a great idea.

Something odd I've experienced recently, is that my weak times changed and are not following this hormone chart. In fact, I felt the best I've felt for a while on those days I expected to be the worst. I don't understand at all. I had three days where I had almost no MG symptoms and had to reduce the Mestinon amount I take.

I think my change has to do with food. I'm doing my best to eat good food recently since I do notice that I get increased symptoms if I eat anything besides whole foods. I am now only buying fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc...and am cooking lots of soups and stir fries.

The last time I got tired from MG and started eating preprepared foods, I ended up feeling weak for 3 months and had trouble even doing basic care for myself such as showering and brushing my teeth. I have decided I'd rather skip a meal than eat fast food.

It takes so much work to eat good food! I wonder if the hormone cycle is effected by certain foods, I am guessing that it is.

Let us know how it goes.
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-18-2011)