View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Rrae~ Oh, believe me I have loads of questions for my rep on Weds and I will make sure I get a list of restrictions. I know that plays a big part in a good recovery

Thank you for the support and thanks for my husband serving. He was actually overseas for the 3rd time until he got called back so I could have my SCS trial. We do not have family in our area and our son is Autistic and I do not trust anyone to take care of him or me besides my husband. Sometimes it is hard for the FRG to understand this but I am EXTREMELY grateful to the powers that be allowed my husband to come home and STAY home with me for my recovery and to take care of our son. He will not be going back overseas for the rest of deployment because my recovery is too long so they are keeping him back in the states. Which is a HUGE BLESSING!! I KNOW how lucky I am and I never take it for granted.

I do have another question now that I have thought about it....I swear this forum makes you think of all kinds of things...which is a great thing because I never would have thought to ask these questions before. So thank you guys so much!!!

What do you guys that have gone through the trial and permanent implant recommend I get before hand? Should I get a cane, ice packs, heating pad,...etc??? Anything you guys would recommend to make life a little easier after surgery and during recovery?

ALSO, how did you guys deal with the rolling over thing in bed during trial/recovery from permamant implant placement? I'm a stomach/side sleeper and I know they don't want you to sleep on your back so how do you go about turning over?? I know this is a silly question but even silly question are important ones!

Treca
Treca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-17-2011), NerPain4 (11-17-2012), Rrae (01-17-2011)