View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki79 View Post
Try not to let these "facts" scare you too much. I know it is easier said than done. MS varies so greatly from person to person. I was diagnosed a little over 10 years ago and I have less than 10 lesions. (I think 6 or 7) I have had 3 relapsed in those 10 years. There are people on the totally opposite end of the spectrum too. We really never know with this disease.
The facts don't "scare" me since I don't have the disease. But if you look at the possibilities, it shows the huge range of problems that a MS patient can endure. Like you said, one never knows what is going to happen and no two MS patients are alike. No wonder it is so difficult to try and treat an individual.

My wife (passed away 2007) had a couple of very old and non-active lesions for a number of years. These were shown when she participated in a drug trial and had several MRI's for a period of one year. Yet her MS progressed in the last 10 years of her life. The lesions were occurring in her spine which they never knew at the time. Not many but in the wrong place!

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-17-2011), Snoopy (01-17-2011)