Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
So sorry Indy-Pain and Nesca.

back pain is miserable pain. I do understand that.

Nesca, I have some of those same "bad" findings in my cervical spine/neck. Yours may be a little worse. I had epidurals X 3 that helped my neck and arms and my lower back some too. My surgeons do not suggest surgery for my neck and back, even though I have 4 bulges in the low back. "Bulges" not necessarily a surgical condition.

I had too many times at one time so I helped one and hurt the other at times. You have to know your own body and take control of it yourself. You do need to understand those readings to some degree. Some things do indicate you need surgery and some things don't need surgery. A good surgeron and a second opinion should help you out with that decision.

It took a while, years actually.

These things helped me. I had [hysical therapy. Most things helped and I did not my therapist. Aqua therapy, Kinesio Tape, e-stim, hot packs, myofascial release, yoga, stretches, breathing techniques and relaxation techniques. You have to start somewhere...

I also had these things that helped: Oversized tennis balls, Miracle Ball set, TheraCane, Lidoderm patches.

LED and infrared therapy pads. They helped me tremendously. They're expensive but worth it. They did help me the most. Turned things around. I'm now able to do regular exercise and I'm trying to figure out what I can do, and then trying to figure out how I'm going to make myself do them. I've gotten pretty onry...

This site helped me a lot to understand things, to know I'm not alone, and to vent about all the bad things that go along with finding good medical attention. It's a jungle out there. Keep looking...

So many things. I'm doing much better now and hope that everyone here finds things to help them.

Would be willing to share if you want to ask about any of these.

You can have more than one problem causing you problems. It can get complicated.

Writing things down for a while may help you see what you're doing and can be a help to you later one when you're deciding what helps. I graded things as a postive or a negative. I tried so many things.
Thank you very, very much. As days go by I thank God for having come across this site. Listening to you and others eases my pain somewhat. I know my condition is not as good as we would want it to be however, having people around me, not even knowing who you all are is a blessing. As I said, my appointment with the NS is tomorrow and will post it. Again, many thanks!
Nesca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote