View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
dreambeliever and lisa in ohio:

I can feel your pain. Radial Head Fracture,radial head replaced with titanium, ulnar nerve transposition, 2 contracture releases, 2 manipulation under anthesthia, and 1 collateral ligament repair. Oh and lets not forgert the many RSD procedures,PT for 10 months,torture, 14 stellate blocks, 3 - 5 day inpatient ketamine infusions w/boosters and one more surgery call a cryo.......,they try and freeze the nerves. But after all said and done I do not wear any braces and have about 90% of my motion and use the arm normally. Pain is my biggest issue which is almost constant but ofcourse better than when I got hurt and endurance is a big problem, I just can't seem to sweep,vaccum, garden etc. and if I do do it I have to work in 5 minute intervels.

I mention the above because I was not with the proper doctors in beginning and I almost really had a disaster with my arm. What I did not realize is that once you start with surgeries like ulnar nerve surgery, implants, etc. you really need someone who only does that kind of work, which is very hard to find. I was told about 5 doctors in the whole United States could do work like this and do it right, NYC, Boston, Minnasota, Texas, and Maryland. I live 2 hours for NYC so I choose there.

Good Luck

Gabbycakes

Hi gabby,
My mother is currently going through RSD in her right arm and Right leg and she has been going through this pain for several years.I've seen her go from regaining her strength to absolutley loosing it in her arm. It is a terrible cicumstance to be in and I hate having to see my mother go through pain everyday and feel so helpless. I don't want to see her pain go from worse to worse and spread. I've read several stories about people who have to be in wheelchairs because of this RSD pain. It is hard for me as a teenager to watch my mother grow up this way and not be able to do the things everyother kid can do with their mother. I know that these posts were very old but when I seen what you have commented about your pain, it caught my attention because thats exactly what my mother goes through. I guess my question is what has helped you the most to overcome this? If you have any advise to help my mom, please feel free to.
Thank you,
Alynna
happyface123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote