View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Robyn,

Depending on what the dentist sees clinically.... he may also take some xrays... will determine what further treatment may need to be done.

These are some questions that I normally address with patients who are not healing well....
Do you smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs in the methadone family? Do you take medications that you need to chew? Are you under a lot of stress? Do you have an eating disorder in which you purge every day? Are you malnourished? Have you been rinsing with warm salt water? Are you rinsing with anything else?? Are you brushing your other teeth? Are you avoiding that area when you chew? Do you have a fever or feel malaise... any nausea? Please let your dentist know if any of those things pertain to you.

Sometimes when oral antibiotics are not able to take care of an infection, they have to be administered intravenously. When given through an IV, the antibiotic bypasses the digestive tract which makes the antibiotic work more effectively. He may or may not suggest this to you.

I am a little worried about you ~:-<.... please keep in touch with us here.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn6447 View Post
Well it's Monday and officially one week since my oral surgery to extract two molars on my left side. I have completed my cycle of clindamycin and the infection in my jaw has not changed at all. My gums are still painful to the touch and the sutures are in no way ready to dissolve. I was thinking when I had previous extractions that the sutures were ready to come out by now but I could be wrong. I called his office and he wanted to see me today but it wasn't possible for me so I have an appt. with him Wednesday. I have been on three different antibiotics for a month now and nothing has touched it. I'm wondering what he's going to do. He's pretty scary in the way he thinks so it could be way out there...Any thoughts on what he might do to me this time? Or what I may suggest to him? Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote