View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Same situation

cath1 I had exactly the same situation. My surgeon ended up only doing C5/C6 & C6/C7. I am concerned that he opted not to do C4/5. I go for my 6 week check on Wed.
My best advice for pain management is to take everything that is recommended on a strict schedule in the beginning (both the pain and muscle relaxer). I found out the hard way it takes at least 1 1/2 hours for pain meds to help with the pain if you wait and see how you are doing. Really listen to the limitations that your surgeon gives you. I am still sleeping in the recliner, but everyone is different. I think there is a thread what I wish i had known before surgery or items to have. Anyway, items to have in the house: soft foods mashed potatoes, applesauce, instant oatmeal, lots of soup, ice cream, sherbert, yogurt, thin pasta and any other drinks you like. A must is a stool softener. In the hospital I refused the iron since that also clogs up your system. Have plenty of pillows, sweats and sweatshirts so you do not have to worry about wash.
I felt an immediate relief from the symptoms of the pinched nerves: numbness, tingling and pain. The pain from swallowing was severe for me because I had a reaction to the bone protein.
What I was told no BLT (bending, lifting or turning)
Good luck and keep us posted.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gnikki (08-31-2012)