View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help me understand...

My father is currently in the hospital having something done. I live in a different state and do to my son getting sick I was unable to go up for the surgery. I have an older sister that is his medical power of attorney, however she doesn't really know what is going on. I have worked in the medical field, I also have seizures and I read up on these things. My sister keeps telling me she doesn't know the name of the procedure they are doing right now. What we do know is that the next procedure is the WADA. And then eventually they are talking about the temporal and/or frontal lobectomy. (Can't think about that now ). Maybe someone can help me with what they are doing now.

It is sort of like a VEEG,except that they put sensors in his brain. The drilled holes in his skull and put different sensors in his brain. I am not sure how many, but I know the surgery took almost 8 hours. The first three days were horrible for him, he was in so much pain. It has been 9 days and they are going to wait 10-14 depending on what info they get back from watching him and what the sensors tell them. Does anyone know what this is called? I have heard of brain mapping, but not to this extent. Not a hospital stay and never for this long.

Please help me if you can. I am starting to get worried. I had my reservations about this hospital in the beginning because my father-in-law died there at the age of 52 because they couldn't figure out a minor problem (shown up on autopsy). But because the rest of my family lives there, they wanted to be close by. But we are now getting a little worried, including my father who is starting to ask questions. He is only 55 and he and the rest of my family have always been ones to "let the doctors do their jobs, they know what they are doing". They don't know to ask questions and what questions to ask.

Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

M
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote