Thread: Made a decision
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes I was referring to the myositis in my face that does involve now both eye areas and more of face not just the left as was July. When they rushed me thru the July appmts in Neuro-optho in July I realized after that taking the pescribed high dose Naproxen wouldnt work with the already stomach issues was struggling with the my mestinon. I called back to discuss this and ask for what else I could take and got first the optho tech who was very snotty and disrespectful. I told her I wanted to speak to Dr C the senoir doc. The male intern that was part of the case called me back not the senior doc. He also was snotty arguing I couldnt have pain in jaw too that it must be my teeth. I asked if he would tell the neuro dept that I should wait till this is better before the muscle biopsy. AT that he screetched at me "well then just forget it!!"

I knew my vit D was low and so I started doing all I could to get vit D up as I never heal well and get more infections when it is in the 30s or lower. It worked. But tanning from the sun for only gets me barely if lucky up to 40. My body just has trouble processing D. I so so miss being up in the 60s. I miss that level of health, of what that does to me. It feels so wonderful. Sorry for the tangent here.

AS of today it is obvious I am healing. The big myositis headache is gone pain is down that I was waking up with thru the area of left eye. And I even had itching in my eyelids tonight indicating I had a good case of blepharitis with this. Last week I made arrangements to have the aid agency come 2 times. The regular time on Tuesday and again Friday to just take me to tan. That would be 2 times as they were already taking me on Tuesday. So in the week last week I had tanned 3 times. That is when things really change for me. Tanning 3 times in a week. I talked to my pcp about something other than naproxen and he suggeseted Celebrex. At first he was unclear how to get my insurance to approve so I had to just focus on the tanning. When I looked up the Celebrex at one point I discovered the warnings on bone damage from it. Now I already have bone damage my vit D and secondary hyperparathyroid going on for so long. I had hope an antibiotic would work but really just wanted the tanning drug free way.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote