Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzell View Post
Hi,

Thanks you all for your help in sorting this out! I defintely have blood sugar problems- hypoglycemia. My blood sugar doesn't go up that much but it swings quite low and fast. So I'm mindful of this as well as my tendency towards low and dropping blood pressure and have something with me and am careful about my water intake. Although, I feel like I'm usually not drinking enough no matter how much I drink.

Blood sugar may have contributed in some way but I think in large part it was a problem with blood pressure dropping fast. I have a tendency towards this and I think the LDN combined with other meds that can have a blood-lowering effect plus getting up too quickly after an osteopathic manipulation, all resulted in the experience I had.

I lowered the LDN to 1.5mg and also went off of the other meds (sonata and ativan). I'm finding that it's really hard to sleep and the LDN seems to be making my sleep lighter and more fragmented. I can't take all the meds together because it creates too many blood pressure problems, fatigue and brain fog- even in the day. I'm very sensitive to side-effects.

Has anyone else experienced difficulty sleeping due the LDN and do you have any suggestions on what to do about it? (I also take Mag Citrate, 5-htp and do relaxation practices to help with sleep) Also, the benefits seem to only last a couple hours in the morning for me- is there a way to extend it?

I really need this medication to help me (and I think it is to some degree) but and am trying to figure out a way I can experience it's benefits without the difficulties.

I'm talking to my dr tomorrow and am hoping he'll have some ideas.

Have a good night and thanks again!
-Hazzell
Sooooo....

What did the Doc say?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (01-24-2011), SallyC (01-18-2011)