View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs down

Annie my B 12 is always off the charts high.

I went to the ER finally. I was having trouble breathing and so weak I can barely move. Doctor said he knew nothing about MG, called a nearby major medical center. They instructed him to do pulmonary function tests on me. My negative breathing test where you breathe but nothing comes in was -30. He said something overall was 750, 4 times the amount for admission criteria. He gave me the option of being transferred to UMass and being admitted and started on MG treatment, or waiting until my appt with my neuro on Thurs. He said there was nothing to indicate there was any imminent crisis, so I said I'd wait until Thursday's appt.

I went home and slept 17 straight hours. I woke up, ate, computer for a bit but hard because hands and arms are so fatigued, then slept another 13 hours. I am so weak, I cannot move. I had IVIG today and I cancelled because I'm too weak to get up and get dressed and go for the cab ride to the hospital. I don't think I've ever been so weak. I think it must be the Lyme disease. I need to get back on my antibiotics. I feel like I'm slipping back into that "Lyme coma" where I could never make it to the doctor's, all I could do was stay in bed and sleep. My arms feel like they are breaking just from typing this. My husband has to feed me my pills into my mouth. A couple more days and I'll see my doctor. I dont' know how I'll make it there but I will. I am completely incapacitated. I can't make it up the stairs.

In the ER the doctor told me to squeeze his hands, my mind was tellling my hands to do it but my hands couldn't do it. That was strange. Now my hands are so sore from typing. I hate this. I ache everywhere. Ready to go back to sleep. Any thoughts????
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote