View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chiari - post-surgery

Morning all. This is my first post. I just had chiari surgery on 12/06/10 and started back to work part time last week and am trying full time this week. My results to date have been wonderful! I have had neck, shoulder, and the back of my head pain for as long as I can remember and could never figure out why. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago and since then I've always been told all my aches and pains are my fibro. Long story to get to the chiari, but I figured it out and had the surgery. Very painful the first few days (in ICU for 2 days) and hospital for 4 days. To date I have not had any headaches in the back of my head, in my shoulders, or my neck. I just have to rest my head after a while because my neck gets tired, but no pain! I'm just so ecstatic and hope it continues once I am completely recovered. My neurosurgeon told me it's a long process (6 mos to a year), but I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that I become pretty much pain free! Has anyone else had this and how was your recovery?
msdoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote