View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
rlj1959, If I were you I would retrieve all medical records pertaining to your case. They are your files and you have a right to see them and read them carefully yourself not just your lawyer. They must state you can not work currently either directly or indirectly otherwise you'll most likely fail. It sounds like you've been rejected twice and have not had your day in front of a Social Security judge yet. If this is the case your two rejections are quite common, happens to most people. You must take control of those records and move the doctor reports into your camp if you are infact totally disabled. There are tests you can take that will show your limited ability to function at a job. It's called an FCE test---google it and read about it carefully. If it is something you may persue talk to your lawyer first. Also SS will send you to doctors they contract with. Has this happened?
I may have been a little excited in my last post and didn’t make it clear. I do have access to all my records at any time from the VA. I didn’t actually know why SSA denied my claim until my lawyer told me yesterday. SSA some how made a very large mistake from my initial claim. They act like I was filing for disability only because I have COPD. That was the only records they requested from the VA was about the COPD. I now have a Very Large box with 2500 to 3000 pages of medical records. I have no idea why this happened unless they based their decision solely on what that quack doctor they sent me to for the consultative physical told them. I could not do all the bending, squatting and other exercises that he wanted me to do because of my knee yet he reports to SSA that there was nothing physically wrong with me. I have gone to this doctor several years ago because of my seizure disorder; he has treated me for it and prescribed medicine for it before the VA took it over. Try to tell me that ain’t fixed. I had to quit working and file for disability because of my knee and some how this was overlooked by SSA. I have several medical problems; some of these medical problems include degenerative arthritis in all my joints. Cervical arthritis in my neck. Cholesteatomas in both my ears (I have to wear hearing aids), COPD, grand mal seizure disorder and several other problems including the problems with the left knee. Everything was included on my initial claim and all but one was ignored. I don’t understand how the law will allow SSA to base their decision on the findings of a doctor during a 30 minute physical. A doctor that most people probably have never even been to and this doctor has no clue about your health. They don’t take x-rays or do any other kind of special test to back up your claim. They take his word over several doctors of a very highly rated VA medical center and years of medical records. I see I’m rambling again. Anyway, I sincerely appreciate each and every reply to this situation I’m in. I appreciate all the support and advice given to me. I will keep you all posted over the next few months about everything that is going on.
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote