View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey sweetie !

Oh my... I have had acne since I remember... I hate it !!!

Well, after Mrs. D post mine will sound silly, just wanted to say my personal experience

So, I had "regular" acne since I was probably 13... I tried only creams and topic stuff... someones helped, some others did nothing... so I thought I should just ignore my acne...

When I turned like 25, my acne got worse... so, I tried creams + antibiotics... helped for like 6 months but they came back... At that time I was taking Omegas too, and, let me tell you they didnt help... ZERO help.

1 year ago... acne was... TERRIBLE, not only the pimples but you could see all my face red, inflammed and grassy... I could even smell the grass ! iuk... It seems that my hormonal problems made it worse... So, analysing my story, doc put me on "Oratane", I think in the US you get Reoccutane... It's a very dangerous medicine and many people/docs dont like it... The dosage is supposed to be calculated according to weight, but, as I have over-weight and, because my doc knows my psychiatric problems, he just gave me 10mg... daily... that dosage is soooooooo low, nobody would take that dosage if following the weight law... but that dosage doesnt bother my lipids, nor my liver, so... ANNNND, voila !!! acne is gone !!! FOREVER !!!

I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

About pillow case, you are supposed to change it daily...
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-18-2011), DiMarie (01-19-2011), Dmom3005 (01-21-2011), Mari (01-18-2011), OhKay (01-18-2011), waves (01-18-2011)