View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Jo Mar makes an important point. Remember in all the paperwork you fill out for ssdi it is important not only to state what disease or condition you have but how that particular condition affects your ability to work. for example, how it affect ability to stand, sit, bend, kneel, climb, reach, concentrate. fatigue, balance etc. whatever it affects. this also goes for whatever medications you are taking and also if you have pain and cant sleep, or concentrate, or have to take frequent naps. So for your knee you would explain how that inparticular limits you in being able to work and then go through each condition you have plus medication.
Hi echoes long ago,
I did do all this in my initial application. As far as the knee replacement, the doctors had discussed it with me but at the time I applied, a decision had not been made to do it yet. But I did state on the application that the knee was the deciding factor on me having to quit work. SSA obviously did not see this or they just ignored it because of what the doctor at the consultative physical told them. Either way, my lawyer thinks that with the letter of dire need and the severity of my disability, he can get the hearing expedited or get the judge to make a bench decision and overturn the denial without a hearing. As I have stated several times throughout this topic, I would give anything if I were able to go back to work and forget this nightmare. The fact that I can't even walk puts that pretty much out of the question. I just have to keep hammering away at it and hope for the best. I do know this, if I loose my home because of this. Somebody better look out.
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote