View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default In Windsor Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hi Cath1, posted already but wanted to say I am from Ontario, had my surgery in Windsor, where in Canada are you, if you don't mind me asking. Bunz
I'm in Windsor also, having my surgery at Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital, my neurosurgeon is Dr. Jhawar. I like him, and I've been given an 80% chance of complete success (meaning it will cure all my neck, hand and arm pain and I will gain all my strength back in my hands). I'm trying my best to not be put on disability, I've been off work on WSIB since May 31st.

The nerves are pinched in my neck, which are running down my hands. My father is on disability for degenerative disc disease, and I too have been diagnosed with an advance form of it for my age (I'm only 40). I realize everyone has degeneration with age. I was told the same thing about smoking but I've never smoked a day in my life. He also told me that smokers usually have spine problems more severe than non-smokers.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems. Being limited in ability is horrible, these last 8 months off work feel like I'm on house arrest since I can't even drive anymore the pain is so severe.

Who was your surgeon if you don't mind me asking? I have a few friends and family members who have also had this surgery in Windsor, so far everyone has had successful outcomes and I'm hoping for the same!

Take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote