View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok I am updating this. Now I am completely confused. My venogram today showed that the rib resection was just an anomaly that was stumbled upon but it did not correct my problem. I'm in shock and completely mind numb right now. It turns out that they could not access the middle of my arm for an iv so they went into my hand. Vascular surgeon was not happy and I said well it's my lower arm from the elbow down that is swelling and painful could you look at the whole arm in this venogram (2 previous ones were accessed higher). It turns out that the veins, ALL of them are spasming (word) and they are tiny as threads and not at all the size they should be, like capillaries. So the return is not good at all and it makes sense. So I said that the surgery was for nothing and he said no not entirely but yeah it apparently is not the problem after seeing these veins. He did not know where to send me and finally said maybe a rheumatologist might know. He was confused and uncomfortable. I am not bitter at all but I am in a state of shock that I have been thru this surgery and so many years of pain and I just really need advice about f anyone knows who deals with this. A rheum seems random to me. Any ideas? Please, I am weary and need support. Thanks
Steph
Steph1214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote