View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Learning Life's Lessons while having NCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ View Post
If you don't mind, would you share what your experience has been??

Great to me you!
I know that the first message wasn't for me but I wanted to say things about my life and share what I know about fainting. The first time that I remember fainting I was 8 years old (I am in my early 30s now). I just had a birthday party and had come home from the party and was opening my gifts. I used a pair of scissors to cut something and accidentally cut my finger. I went to the bathroom and the blood was coming out fast from my finger. I called my Aunt and she took care of my finger and dragged me to a chair in which I fainted.

Since then, I have fainted a numerous amount of times. It wasn't until I fainted in front of a boyfriend that I learned fainting wasn't normal. So, it took about a year after that to find out what I had. I have Neurocardiogenic Syncope or NCS. I had a tilt table test done. My bp dropped to 60/28. The doctors first put me on Metropolol which made my hair fall out. They always wanted to give me Meclizine for the dizziness. I finally found a great doctor in Brooklyn, NY at Lutheran Medical Center named Dr. Ngo. She had me see another cardiologist after finding an AV block when I was sleeping to see if I needed a pacemaker. I did an EPS study to check my heart and I never felt it beat that fast, plus they said my heart was healthy. So now I take a medication called Midodrine. I asked the pharmacist how high should my bp be when taking it and how high is too high. She said 140/90 is the highest it should be. So, we shall see how well this med works for me. So far so good...
aliasyncope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote